Last Updated: Tuesday April 20, 2004
1. Importance: Invention of the wheel is of great importance in the life of people. We have been came out from the Dark Age. There is no even single person who does not travel. There may be certain reasons to travel. It plays important role in business. Finished goods in huge quantity are transferred from one place to another by mean of transport.
2. Laws: Due to importance of the transport in human life different laws have been enacted to regulate it. These laws prevent the chance of accident and provide safety to travellers.
3. Environment: Unfortunately transport has caused the problem of environment. Transport is run by the fuel consumption of which produces lethal gases. Due to non-adherence of safety rules, most of vehicles leave huge smoke, which is injurious to human life. Over speed produces dust to transport following it.
4. Pressure horns: Use of pressure horns is another environmental problem, which contribute in the loss of hearing power of people. It causes the temperament of people fretful. It also causes the high blood pressure. There are some other problems relating to health, which are directly or indirectly connected with the use of excessive pressure horns.
5. Cost of fare and increase: As and when cost of fuel increases, travelling cost increases, but reduction in the cost of fuel does not result in the decrease of fare. Fare from one stop to next is Rs. 4/-, which is unjust. Fare within city has been increase upto inter-city fare.
6. Condition of roads: Good infrastructure
is one of requirement to run business smoothly. Wide enough and standard roads
guarantee the smooth run of traffic safely. In
7. Non completion of route: Mostly vans do not complete their duly approved route and turn back from the midway. It aims to overcharge. Complaints to traffic police do not make any difference. Passengers suffer a lot.
8. Inconvenience: They play tape recorders in loud voice. Vulgar songs are played. It causes inconvenience all in general and particularly for female passengers.
9. Lack of facilities: Seats are very congested and hard. There is no grip for those who stand there.
10. Rude attitude of transporters: Conductors of the vans deal commuters with cruel treatment. Before getting on the passenger, they request but once the passengers are got on the van, they deal them by inhumane way.
11. Overcharging: Conductors always try to charge over. When any commuter turns their attention toward the recommended rate list, they falsely excuse. But in the absence of the objection of any commuter, they remain charger over. Females are the major victims of the overcharging.
12. Skill of driving: Van drivers drive the vehicles blindly. Rash driving causes injury to passerby as with as to the commuters. They apply brakes suddenly overlapping the commuters.
13. Smoking: Most of people of village background or addicts smoke during traveling cause disgust to others. No passenger may prevent them in such a doing. It is notable thing that smoking at public place or transport is prohibited at law but no one cares it. Its due compliance may provide some relief to commuters.
14. Rush: Keeping in view of rush at the closing time of offices and schools, there is no system to accommodate the travelers. Public and private vehicles remain in try to take out first.
15. Small vehicles: Small vehicles rush on roads, whereas long vehicles may reduce burden on roads.
16. Double Decker: Use of double-deckers is one of source, which may reduce rush on roads. Its use in modern states is continued but we have given it up. Use of one double-decker is sufficient for almost a hundred commuters. It may reduce use of twenty wagons or two hundred motor bikes. It also reduces cost, smoke, rush, and violation. Its use should be reemerged either at government or private level. Although to some extent, they become in operation, but still there is room for improvement.
17. Non fitness: Most of vehicles are not fit to put at road but patronage of traffic administration contributes in its running on open roads. They not only cause pollution but most of time accidents. Vehicle must be certified before taking on road.
18. Sub standard parts: Use of substandard parts in vehicles cause breakdowns during odd hours putting commuters in mental torture.
19. Non maintenance: Vehicle owners do not maintain their vehicles, as they require. Broken seats, dirty floor of vehicles, pressure horns, open windows, noisy doors are examples of non-maintenance of the vehicles.
20. Adulterated fuel: Proper maintenance with standard use of fuel reduces the volume of pollution in air but adulterated fuel increases its volume. Relevant authorities became fail to ensure purity of fuel.
21. Parking: Transporters do not adhere the place of parking and park their vehicles at the place, which is marked “No Parking”. Unauthorized parking is violation as it is offence under the Motor Vehicles Ordinance.
22. Stops: Commuters are picked up from every place where they are found but they are dropped where stop exists. This is duel treatment, which needs prevention.
23. Unnecessary delay: Most of time vans remain stop to wait commuters, which cause delay in reaching on destination. Traffic police seems unable to maintain law and order. Many time tanks of stage vehicles are filled in during the traveling which is also prohibited at law.
24. Overcharging: It not wrong to say that every transporter tries to charge over unless otherwise is proved. They should be punished to attempt of overcharging.
25. Over speed: Over speed may increase in the income of transporters but on the other hand it losses the precious lives. Over speed is another problem which causes accidents.
26. Violation of traffic laws, signals, overtaking: All the traffic generally but the rickshaws and vans frequently violate the traffic signals. No one adhere the traffic laws. Overtaking takes place without adhering the rights relating to others. Vans are taken suddenly on right side from stop without taking care of preceding traffic on right side which may cause severe accidents.
27. Rush hours: Traffic jams when the office and schools operate at the same time. Students particularly females students wait for conveyance for long time.
28. Traffic jams: Traffic jam can be observed due to violation of line and lane violations. Every time traffic carries on. Narrow passages, slow traffic such as horse and donkey carts, motor cycle rickshaws, and bicycles etc. are the common examples which cause frequent traffic jam.
29. Turning without indicator: Vans and rickshaws frequently turn the side without giving proper indication.
30. Windows: Windows of many vans are absent as to prevent the effect of climate. It may cause danger for children.
31. Rash driving, fear of death, close stop: In order to attract maximum passengers, wagons’ drivers drive the vans rashly which causes fear of death for passengers. They move the vans before the passengers particularly females passengers are set on their seats.
32. Inexpert drivers: Many drivers on public vehicles are untrained and drive the vehicles without having required licence/documents etc. Many drivers are too young as to experience.
33. Lane problem: Adherence of lane on roads ensures the smooth and safe running of traffic but its observance is never seen.
34. Slow traffic,
35. Long vehicle: Use of long vehicles on road is restricted strictly to nighttime, but they can be seen on roads at daytime. They create problems in smooth mobilization.
All the relevant authorities are requested to take notice of such violations in the wide interest of public and ensure the prevention of violations and enforce the relevant laws strictly.