Updated: Thursday March 06, 2014/AlKhamis Jamada El Oula 05, 1435/Bruhaspathivara Phalguna 15, 1935, at 07:00:38 PM
The Azad Jammu and
Notification No. 3323
NOTIFICATION VIZ ADAPTATION OF LAWS OF OLD REGIME NOTIFICATION NO 3323
[DATED DECEMBER 16, 1949]
Whereas under the present International Law it rests with the people of a territory to form their own Government through their own representatives
It is the inherent right of the people of Azad Kashmir
to exercise political powers necessary for the maintenances of Law and Order,
for the safety and proper Administration of Azad Kashmir Territory by applying
domestic and local Laws with certain modifications without ignoring the rights
of the inhabitants of the Azad Kashmir Territory; it is hereby notified that
under section 3 of the Azad Kashmir Courts and Laws Code of 1949, all laws and
enactments of the old regime inconsistent with tile provisions of the said Code
or with enactments passed or adapted by the Azad Kashmir Government have been
repealed and all the remaining laws of the old regime have, as far as
practicable been approved to continue to remain in force. All references to
"his Highness" or "Government" ill such laws are to be
construed to refer to "Azad Kashmir Government" A list of some of
these laws is annexed herewith as Appendix "A" subject wise. This
list is not exhaustive and all laws that continue to remain oil the statue Book
of the Azad Kashmir Government are to be interpreted in spirit in their
Sd/ Minister/c Legislation
Azad Jammu and
1. Explosive Substances Act. 2. Contract Act.
3: Companies Act. 4. Destruction of Records Act.
5. Easements Act. 6. Explosive Act.
7. Fatal Accidents Act. 8. Gambling Act.
9. Guardians and Wards Act. 10. General Claims Act.
11. Legal Representatives Suits Act. 12. Lunacy Act.
13. Majority Act. 14. Negotiable Instruments. Act.
15. Probate and Administration Act. 16. Partition Act.
17. Petroleum Act. 18. Registration Act.
19. Succession (Property Protection) Act 20. Specific Relief Act.
21. Succession Certificate Act. 22. Stamp Act.
23. Trust Act 24. Transfer of Property Act.
25. Muslim Dower Act 26. Usurious Loans Act.
27. Religious Endowments Act. 28. Court of Wards Act.
Alienation of Land Act. 32.
33. Partner‑ship Act. 34. Census Act.
Local Authorities Leans Act 36. Bankers Books Evidence Act.
II. Laws relating to Agriculture, Agriculturists and Forests
1. Agriculturists Relief Act.
2. Aid to Agriculturists and Land Improvements Act.
3. Alienation of Land Act.
4. Kuth Act.
III. Laws relating to Animals Animal Husbandry and Veterinary.
1. Glander and Farcy Act.
2. Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act.
3. Live Stock Improvement Act.
IV. Laws relating to Law Courts.
1. Judicial Officers Protection Act.
2. Official Secrets Act.
V. Laws relating to Officials.
1. Public Servants Enquires Act.
2. Official Secrets Act.
VI. Laws relating to Health.
1. Poison Act.
2. Vaccination Act.
3. Village Sanitation Act.
4. Epidemic Diseases Act
VII. Laws relating to Army.
1. Army Act.
2. Army (Suspension of sentences) Act.
3. State Soldier's Litigation Act.
4. Indian Soldier's Litigation Act.
VIII. Laws relating to Social, Moral and Educational Matters.
1. Juvenile Smoking Act.
2. Primary Education Act.
3. Suppression of Immoral Traffic Act.
4. Prevention of Ram Resum Act.
IX. Laws relating to commerce, Industries, and Milting.
1. Patents and Designs Act.
2. Copy right Act.
3. cinamatographs Act.
4. Boiler's Act.
5. Aid to Industries Act.
6. Co‑operative Societies Act
7. Electricity Act.,
8. Water Mills Act.
X (a) Communications and Transport.
1. Motor Vehicles Act.
2. Air Craft Act.
3. Post Offices Act.
4. Telegraph Act.
5. Wireless Telegraphy Act.
1. Press and Publication Act
1. Prisons Act.
2. Prisoners Act:
3. Identification of Prisoners Act.,
XII. Foreigners and Frontiers and Frontiers.
1. Registration of Foreigners Act.
XIII Hindu Law
1. Hindu Law (Anglo-Indian)
2. Hindu Disposition of Property Act
3 Hindu Law of Inheritance Act.
4. Hindu Inheritance (Removal of Disabilities) Act.
5. Hindu Widows, Re‑marriage and Property Act.
XIV. Finance, Taxes, Toll, Excise, Customs.
1. Customs Act.
2. Excise Act.
3. Income Tax Act.
4. Levy of Tolls Act.
5. Octori Act.
XV. Local Self‑Government including Panchayasts, Local Bodies, Municipalities,
1. Village Panchayat Act.
2. Town Area Act.
3. Municipal Act.
4. Town Planning Act.
5. Cantonment Act.