Updated: Friday February 14, 2014/AlJumaa Rabi' Thani 14, 1435/Sukravara Magha 25, 1935, at 06:23:13 PM
The Balochistan Prohibition of Expressing Matters on Walls Ordinance, 2001
ORDINANCE LI OF 2001
An Ordinance to prohibit the expression of matters on walls in the Province of Balochistan
[Gazette of Balochistan, Extraordinary, 8th December, 2001]
No. Legis.l‑125/Law/2000, dated 8‑12‑2001.----The following Ordinance made by the Governor of Balochistan on 4th December, 2001, is hereby‑.published for general information:‑‑-
Preamble.‑‑-Whereas, it is expedient to prohibit the expression of matters on the walls in the
And whereas, the Governor of Balochistan is satisfied that circumstances exist which render it necessary to take immediate action;
Now, therefore, in pursuance of Article 4 of the Provisional Constitution (Amendment) Order, 1999 (Chief Executive's Order No. 9 of 1999), and in exercise of all powers enabling him in that behalf, the Governor of Balochistan is pleased to make and promulgate the following Ordinance:‑‑-
1. Short title, extent and commencement ‑‑‑(1) This Ordinance may be called the Balochistan Prohibition of Expressing Matters on Walls Ordinance, 2001.
(2) It extends to the whole of Balochistan except Tribal Areas.
(3) It shall come into force at once.
2. Prohibition of expressing matters on walls.‑‑‑Whoever affixes or causes to be affixed any poster, bill, notice, play-card or other papers or means of advertisement on a wall or writes on any wall with chalk or paint or in any other manner whatsoever or expresses or describes any matters on any wall in any manner whatsoever with the intention to affect public attention to that matter shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which any extend to six months or with fine not exceeding Rs. 5,000, or with both:---
Provided that it shall not be an offence (under this section, if the owner of possessor of the wall expresses any particulars relating to himself or his business thereon.
3. Removal of existing expression on walls.‑‑‑Within a period of 30 days from the commencement of this Ordinance every Local Council shall cause to be removed all matters expressed on the walls within its jurisdiction the expression of which is prohibited by this Ordinance.