Updated: Thursday February 27, 2014/AlKhamis Rabi' Thani 27, 1435/Bruhaspathivara Phalguna 08, 1935, at 01:29:48 PM
BALOCHISTAN PROVINCIAL ASSEMBLY SECRETARIAT
No. PAB/Legis: V (2)/ 2009. The Balochistan Shops and Establishment (Security) Bill, 2009 having been passed by the Provincial Assembly of Balochistan on 17th October, 2009 and assented to by the Governor, Balochistan on 24th October, 2009 is hereby published as an Act of the Provincial Assembly.
The Balochistan Shops and Establishment (Security) Act, 2009
Act No. 6 of 2009
to provide security of shops and establishments;
Preamble. WHEREAS, it is expedient to provide for security of shops and establishments and for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto;
It is hereby enacted as follows:---
1. Short title, extent and Commencement.- (1) This Act may be called the Balochistan shops and Establishments (Security) Act, 2009.
(2) It extends to the whole of
(3) It shall come into force at once.
2. Definitions.- In this Act, unless there is anything repugnant in the subject or context:---
(a) “Act” means the Balochistan Shops and Establishments (Security) Act, 2009;
(b) “Establishment” means and includes:---
(i) a bank, a money changer or a financial institution; and
(ii) Any office, firm, company, institution, industrial unit, undertaking, shop or premises which undertakes any business, trade, manufacture, calling, service, employment or occupation; and
(c) “Government” means the Government of Balochistan.
3. Security of Establishment.- The Government may, by order, provide for the regulation of and enforcement of measures for the security of the property and persons connected with an Establishment.
4. Penalties.- If any person contravenes any order made under this Act, he shall be punished with imprisonment which may extend to one month or with fine which may extend to fifteen thousand rupees or with both and if the offence continues, the Establishment may be kept sealed till such time the order is complied with.
5. Rules.- The Government may make rules to give effect to the provisions of this Act.