Updated: Saturday January 18, 2014/AsSabt Rabi' Awwal 17, 1435/Sanivara Pausa 28, 1935, at 07:33:27 PM
The Drugs and Medicines (Indemnity) Act, 1957
ACT No. XVII of 1957
(For Statement of Objects and Reasons, see Gaz. of P., 1957, Ext., page 721)
27th April, 1957]
An Act to indemnify certain Government servants and other persons
WHEREAS an order of the Central Government under section 3 of the Essential Supplies (Continuance of Temporary Powers) Ordinance, 1955, to add to the Schedule to the Essential Commodities Distribution Order, 1953, “drugs and medicines including those administered by injection”, having been notified over the signature of the Deputy Controller General of Prices and Supplies, had no legal validity; Ord X of 1955.
AND WHEREAS it is expedient to indemnify the Government servants and other persons in respect of acts done in pursuance or in virtue of the aforesaid order;
1. Short title extent and commencement-----‑(1) This Act may be called the Drugs and Medicines (Indemnity) Act, 1957.
(2) It extends to the whole of
(3) It shall come into force at once.
2. Definition----In this Act, “the notified order” means the Government of Pakistan, Ministry of Industries, and Notification No. P.C. 19 (15)/55, dated the 14th September, 1955, published in the Gazette of Pakistan, Extraordinary, dated the 14th September, 1955.
3. Indemnity-----No suit, prosecution or other legal proceeding shall lie in any court against any Government servant or any other person for or on account or in respect of anything done, action taken, notification or direction issued, price fixed, investigation or arrest made, property seized or confiscated, loss or injury suffered, legal proceeding instituted, or penalty or punishment imposed, enforced or continued, in pursuance or in virtue of the notified order.