Updated: Tuesday April 18, 2017/AthThulatha Rajab 22, 1438/Mangalavara Chaitra 28, 1939, at 09:59:37 PM
The Election Commission (Salary, Allowances, Perks and Privileges) Act, 2016
Act No. XLII of 2016
[23rd August, 2016]
An Act to provide for salary, allowances and privileges of the members of;
WHEREAS, it is expedient to provide for salary, allowances, perks and privileges of the members of the Election Commission of Pakistan.
It is hereby enacted as follows:---
1. Short title and commencement.- (1) This Act may be called the Members of the Election Commission (Salary, Allowances, Perks and Privileges) Act, 2016.
(2) It shall come into force at once and shall be deemed to have taken effect on and from the 13th June, 2011.
2. Definitions.- In this Act, unless there is anything repugnant in the subject “Member” means a member of the Election Commission appointed under paragraph (b) of clause (2) of Article 218 of the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan.
3. Salary, allowances, perks and privileges.- A member shall be entitled to such salary, allowances, perks and privileges as are admissible to a Judge of a High Court.
4. Provident Fund.- A member may, at his option, become a subscriber to the General Provident Fund and, if he so opts, shall subscribe to the Fund as a compulsory subscriber according to the Provident Funds Act, 1925 (XIX) and the rules made thereunder.
5. Leave.- A member may be granted leave by the President as follows:—
(a) leave on leave salary equivalent to full pay at the rate of one-eleventh of the period spent on duty;
(b) leave on leave salary equivalent to half pay at the rate of one-eleventh of the period spent on duty, such leave being convertible into leave on full pay at the rate of two days of leave on half pay equal to one day’s leave on full pay, if availed on medical ground; and
(c) extraordinary leave without pay or allowances for a period not exceeding three months during his full term of five years, subject to a maximum of two months at any one time, the member being entitled to combine such leave with any other kind of leave admissible to him.