Updated: Tuesday April 30, 2013/AthThulatha Jamada El Thaniah 20, 1434/Mangalavara Vaisakha 10, 1935, at 08:05:26 PM
Employees’ Old-Age Benefits (Registration of Employers and Insured Persons) Rules, 1976
(Gaz. of Pak. Extr. Pt. II,
[S. R. O. 709 (I)-76.---Islamabad, the 12th, duly, 1976.-Rulrs made by the Federal Government in exercise of the powers conferred by section 44 of the Employees’ Old‑Age Benefits Act, 1976 (XIV of 1976) after previous publication as required by sub‑section (1) of the said section.]
1. Short title and commencement.--(1) These rules may be called the Employees Old-Age Benefits (Registration of Employers and Insured Persons) Rules, 1976.
(2) They shall come into force at once.
2. Definitions.--In these rules, unless there is anything repugnant in the subject or context,---
(a) ‘Act’ means the Employees’ Old‑Age ‘Benefits Act, 1976 (XIV of 1976);
(b) ‘Form’ means a form annexed to these rules;
‘Institution’ means the, State Life Insurance Corporation of
3. Registration of employers and insured persons.--(1) An employer shall before expiration of thirty days from the day on which the Act becomes applicable to the industry or establishment in respect of which he is the employer communicate to the Institution the name and particulars of the industry or establishment in Form PR‑01 and of every insured person employed therein in Form PE‑01 and, in the case of Form PE‑01, give the receipt appended to the Form to the insured persons.
(2) An insured person may also communicate his name and other particulars to the Institution in Form PE-02.
(3) On receipt of the requisite particulars in Forms PR-01 and PE-01 from an employer, the Institution shall register .the name of the industry or establishment in respect of which he is the employer and of the insured persons and issue to the employer a Certificate of Registration in Form PI-02 and to each insured person a Registration Card in Form PI-03.
(4) The Institution may send the Registration Card in Forth PI-03 to the employer for delivery to the insured person to whom it relates.