Updated: Friday December 20, 2013/AlJumaa Safar 17, 1435/Sukravara Agrahayana 29, 1935, at 08:01:49 PM
The Foodstuffs and Fertilizers (Cancellation of Authorizations and Dealerships) Ordinance, 1978
(Pb Ord. XXI of 1978)
An Ordinance to provide for the cancellation of authorizations and dealerships issued for distribution of food-stuffs and fertilizers
Preamble.— WHEREAS it is expedient to provide for the cancellation of authorizations under the West Pakistan Foodstuffs Distribution Order, 1967, and the dealerships under the Punjab Fertilizers (Control) Order, 1973, and for matters connected therewith;
THEREFORE, in pursuance of the proclamation of fifth day of July, 1977, read
with the Laws (Continuance in Force) Order, 1977 (CMLA’s Order I of 1977), the
Governor of the
1. Short title, extent and commencement.— (1) This Ordinance may be called the Foodstuffs and Fertilizers (Cancellation of Authorizations and Dealerships) Ordinance, 1978.
(2) It extends to the Province of the
(3) It shall come into force at once.
2. Definitions.— In this Ordinance, unless there is anything repugnant in the subject or context:---
(a) “authorization” means the authorization issued under the West Pakistan Foodstuffs Distribution Order, 1967;
(b) “dealership” means the authority granted to any person to act as dealer under the Punjab Fertilizers (Control) Order, 1973.
(c) “Government” means the Government of the
3. Power to cancel authorizations and dealerships.— (1) Notwithstanding anything contained in any other law for the time being in force or in any contract, agreement, order or notification, the Government may terminate, without notice, any authorization or dealership.
(2) No compensation shall be payable for the termination of any authorization or dealership under sub-section (1).
4. Delegation of powers by Government.— Government may, by notification in the official Gazette, direct that the power conferred on it by section 3 shall, under such conditions, if any, as may be specified in the notification, be exercised by an officer or authority so notified.
5. Bar of jurisdiction.— No court shall grant any injunction or make any order or entertain any proceedings in relation to anything done or intended to be done, in good faith, under this Ordinance.
6. Protection to persons acting in good faith.— No suit, prosecution or other legal proceeding shall be instituted against any person for anything which is in good faith done or intended to be done under this Ordinance.