Updated: Thursday December 26, 2013/AlKhamis Safar 23, 1435/Bruhaspathivara Pausa 05, 1935, at 08:30:34 PM
(W.P. Act XXVII of 1964)
Act to repeal the
Preamble.— WHEREAS, it is expedient to repeal the Kalri Lake Development Ordinance, 1959 and to provide for the transfer of the assets and liabilities of the Kalri Lake Development Board constituted thereunder, and for matters ancillary thereto;
It is hereby enacted as follows:---
1. Short title.— This Act may be called the Kalri Lake Development (Repeal) Act, 1964.
2. Definitions.— In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires the following expressions shall have the meanings hereby respectively assigned to them, that is to say,---
(a) “Board” means the Kalri Lake Development Board constituted under the Kalri Lake Development Ordinance, 1959;
(b) “Corporation” means the West Pakistan Agricultural Development Corporation established under the West Pakistan Agricultural Development Corporation Ordinance, 1961.
3. Transfer of assets and liabilities of the Board to the Corporation.— As from the coming into force of this Act,---
(a) all business, projects, undertakings and properties of the Board shall stand transferred to and vest in, the Corporation;
(b) all debts, liabilities and obligations incurred, contracts entered into, and all matters and things engaged to be done by, with or for, and all suits and other proceedings by or against, the Board, shall be deemed to be debts, liabilities and obligations incurred, contracts entered into, or, as the case may be, matters and things engaged to be done by, with or for, and suits and other proceedings by or against the Corporation;
(c) all officers, advisers and employees of the Board other than the Chairman and the members of the Board, shall stand transferred for service under the Corporation on such terms and conditions as may be determined by Government.
4. Supplementary Powers.— For the purposes of carrying into effect the provisions of this Act, Government may, in such manner as it may deem necessary or expedient, provide for,---
(a) the removal of difficulties arising out of, or in connection with, the dissolution of the Board; and
(b) other matters supplemental, or incidental to, or consequential upon, the dissolution of the Board.
5. Repeal.— The Kalri Lake Development Ordinance, 1959, is hereby repealed.
For statement of objects and
reasons, see Gazette of West
Pakistan, 1964 (Extraordinary), dated
This Act was passed by the West Pakistan Assembly on 31st March, 1964; assented to by the Governor of West Pakistan on 7th April, 1964; and, published in the West Pakistan Gazette (Extraordinary), dated 11th April, 1964; pages 1707-K to 1707-M.