Updated: Tuesday May 31, 2016/AthThulatha Sha'ban 24, 1437/Mangalavara Jyaistha 10, 1938, at 06:50:14 PM
The National Sports Trust (Repeal) Ordinance, 1980
ORDINANCE No. XXXIII of 1980
[30th June, 1980]
An Ordinance to repeal the National Sports Trust Act, 1972
WHEREAS it is expedient to repeal the National Sports Trust Act, 1972 (XVIII of 1972) and to provide for matters incidental thereto;
AND WHEREAS the President is satisfied that circumstances exist which render it necessary to take immediate action;
NOW, THEREFORE, in pursuance of the Proclamation of the fifth day of July, 1977, read with the Laws (Continuance in Force) Order, 1977 (CMLA Order No, 1 of 1977), and in exercise of all powers enabling him in that behalf, the President is pleased to make and promulgate the following Ordinance:---
1. Short title ad commencement.—(1) This Ordinance may be called the National Sports Trust (Repeal) Ordinance, 1980.
(2) It shall come into force at once.
2. Repeal etc.— (1) The National Sports Trust Act, 1972, hereinafter referred to as the Act, is hereby repealed.
(2) Upon the repeal of the Act,---
(a) all rights, properties, assets, debts, liabilities and obligations of the National Sports Trust, hereinafter referred to as the Trust, shall be the rights, properties, assets debts, liabilities and obligations of the Pakistan Sports Board, hereinafter referred to as the Board, constituted under the Sports (Development and Control) Ordinance, 1962(XVI of 1962);
(b) any contract made by the Trust before such repeal shall be deemed to have been made by the Board ;
(c) all suits and other legal proceedings instituted by or against the Trust before such repeal shall be deemed to be suits and proceedings instituted by or against the Board and may be proceeded or otherwise dealt with accordingly; and
(d) all functions being performed by the Trust before such repeal shall be performed by the Board.
(3) The Federal Government may, for the purpose of removing any difficulty in relation to the matters referred to in subsection (2), make such order as it considers expedient and any such order shall be deemed to be and given effect to as part of the provisions of this Ordinance.