Updated: Saturday December 14, 2013/AsSabt Safar 11, 1435/Sanivara Agrahayana 23, 1935, at 05:40:01 PM
(Pb. Ord. LII of 1999)
An ordinance to provide for the establishment of authorities for performing functions in the field of education
Preamble. Whereas, it is expedient to provide for the establishment of authorities for performing functions in the field of education.
whereas the Provincial Assembly of the Punjab is not in session and the
Governor of the
therefore, in exercise of the powers conferred upon him under Article 128 of
the Constitution, the Governor of the
1. Short title and commencement. (1) This Ordinance may be called the Punjab Education Authorities Ordinance, 1999.
(2) It shall come into force at once.
2. Establishment of Authorities. (1) The Government may establish such authorities for performing functions in the field of education as it may deem fit.
Explanation. In this Ordinance the expression authorities shall include committees and other agencies.
(2) An authority shall be known by such name as may be assigned to it by the Government.
(3) The Government may provide that an authority shall be a body corporate having perpetual succession with power to acquire and hold property and to contract and that it shall sue and be sued by its name.
3. Functions. An Authority shall perform such functions in the field of education as may be assigned to it by the Government.
4. Constitution of an Authority. (1) An authority may be constituted in such manner as the Government may determine.
(2) No act or proceeding of an authority shall be invalid merely on the ground of existence of any vacancy or defect in the constitution of the authority.
5. Chief Executive Officer. (1) The Government may appoint a Chief Executive Officer of an authority on such terms and conditions as notwithstanding anything contained in any law the Government may determine.
(2) The Chief Executive Officer may exercise such powers and perform such functions as may be prescribed.
6. Appointment of officers and employees. The Government may appoint such persons in the service of an authority as may be necessary on such terms and conditions, as notwithstanding anything contained in any law it may determine.
7. Committees. An authority may constitute such Committees as it may deem necessary for giving effect to the provisions of this Ordinance.
8. Delegation. An authority may delegate to any person any of its functions.
9. Funds. (1) The Government may create a fund for an authority to be known by the name of the authority which may vest in the authority and to which may be credited all sums received by the authority.
(2) The fund shall be kept in such custody and shall be utilised and regulated in such manner as may be prescribed.
10. Budget, Audit and Accounts. The Government may provide that the budget of an authority shall be approved and its accounts shall be maintained and audited in such manner as may be prescribed.
11. Public Servants. All persons acting or purporting to act in pursuance of any provision of this Ordinance shall be deemed to be public servants within the meaning of section 21 of the Pakistan Penal Code 1860.
12. Rules. The Government may make rules for carrying out the purposes of this Ordinance.
13. Regulations. An authority may, with the approval of the Government, make regulations, not inconsistent with the provisions of this Ordinance and the rules, for carrying out the purposes of this Ordinance.
14. Removal of Difficulties. If any difficulty arises in giving effect to any of the provisions of this Ordinance, the Government may give such directions as it may consider necessary for the removal of such difficulty.
by the Governor on