Updated: Monday May 12, 2014/AlEthnien Rajab 13, 1435/Somavara Vaisakha 22, 1936, at 09:15:19 PM
In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section of Section 3 of the Pakistan Environmental Protections Ordinance, 1983 (XXXVII of 1983), the Pakistan Environmental Protection Council (Procedure) Rules, 1993 duly approved by the Council, are hereby approved by the Council, are hereby published for general information.
1. Short title and commencement: (1) These Rules may be called the Pakistan Environmental Protection Council (Procedure) Rules. 1993.
(2) These Rules shall and come into force at one.
(a) 'Chairman' means Chairman of the council,
(b) 'Vice Chairman' means Vice Chairman of the Council,
(c) 'Member' means a member of the Council,
(d) 'Ordinance' means the Pakistan Environmental Protection Ordinance, 1983 (XXXVII of 1983)
(e) 'Secretariat' means the Environmental and Urban Affairs Divisions, and
(f) 'Secretary' means the Secretary of the Council.
(2) All other
words and expressions, used in these Rules but not defined, shall have the same
meanings as are assigned to them in the Ordinance.
3. Meetings of the Council: (i) A meeting of the Council shall be called with the approval of the Chairman, on such date and at such time and place as may be specified by him,
(ii) The date of each meeting of the Council shall be communicated to the members by the Secretary at least twenty one days before the date of the meeting;
(iii) The agenda of a meeting of the Council, after having been approved by the Vice-Chairman, will be communicated to the members at least fifteen days before the date of meeting;
(iv) Any member may proposes any matter supported by an explanation memorandum to the Secretary for inclusion in the agenda of a meeting and the Secretary may, with the approval of the Vice Chairman, include such matter in the agenda of the next meeting,
(v) Meetings of the Council shall be presided over by the Chairman and in his absence, by the Vice-Chairman,
(vi) One-third of the members of the Council shall constitute the quorum for its meeting,
(vii) all decisions of the Council shall be taken by the consensus failing which by majority of members present;
(viii)meeting of the Council shall be held before the close of the first and the third quarters of each financial year and at such other times as may be required, and
(ix) Subject to
sub-rule (viii), where in the opinion of the Vice-Chairman, any matter needs to
be brought urgently before the Council, and it is not possible to convene a
meeting for the purpose, it may be circulated to the members and a decision
thereon taken in accordance with the views of the majority of the total
4. Business at the meetings: The business at a meeting of the Council shall be transacted according to the agenda of the meeting;
Provided the Chairman may permit discussion and consideration of any matter not included in the agenda.
6. Travelling and daily allowance: (i) The ex-officio members shall draw their travelling and daily allowance for attending the meetings of the Council from the Department or Agency from which they draw their salary or other emoluments; and
(ii) The members, other than the ex-officio members shall draw their travelling allowance and daily allowance for attending the meetings from the Secretariat of the Council at such rates and in such manner as are admissible to an employee of the Federal Government in BPS-22.
7. Directions of the Council: The Council shall, by notification in the official Gazette, publish the directions required to be given by it in pursuance of clause (f) of subsection (1) of Section 4 of the Ordinance.