Updated: Tuesday December 24, 2013/AthThulatha Safar 21, 1435/Mangalavara Pausa 03, 1935, at 03:35:20 PM
(W.P. Ordinance XXII of 1962)
[25 May 1962]
Ordinance to provide for the recovery of Government dues as arrears of land
revenue in the province of [the
Preamble.— WHEREAS it is expedient to provide for the recovery
of Government dues as arrears of land revenue in the province of [the
NOW, THEREFORE, in pursuance of the Presidential Proclamation of the seventh day of October, 1958, and in exercise of all powers enabling him in that behalf, the Governor of West Pakistan is pleased to make and promulgate the following Ordinance:-
title, extent and commencement.— (1) This Ordinance may be called [the
(3) It shall come into force at once.
2. Definitions.— In this Ordinance, unless the context otherwise requires, the following expressions shall have the meanings hereby respectively assigned to them, that is to say—
(a) “defaulter” means a person from whom any dues are recoverable by Government, and includes a person who is responsible as surety for the payment of any such dues; and
(b) “Government” means the [Provincial Government of the
3. Notification by the Government.— (1) Government may, by notification declare that any dues or class of dues recoverable by Government shall be recoverable from the defaulters as if such dues were arrears of land revenue.
(2) On the publication of a notification under sub-section (1) any such dues shall be recoverable under the Revenue Recoveries Act, 1890 (Act I of 1890) as arrears of land revenue.
4. Power to make rules.— Government may make rules for the purpose of giving effect to the provisions of this Ordinance.
This Ordinance was promulgated by the Governor of West Pakistan on 21st May, 1962; published in the West Pakistan Gazette (Extraordinary), dated 25th May, 1962, pages 2129-2130; saved and given permanent effect by Article 225 of the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan (1962).
Substituted by the Punjab
Laws (Adaptation) Order, 1974 (Pb. A.O. 1 of 1974), for “
Substituted by the