Updated: Saturday May 18, 2013/AsSabt Rajab 09, 1434/Sanivara Vaisakha 28, 1935, at 04:51:19 PM
Ordinance No. XLIV of 1960
2nd November, 1960
An Ordinance to incorporate the Pakistan Girl Guides Association and to provide for certain matters connected therewith.
whereas it is expedient to incorporate the Pakistan Girl Guides Association and to provide for certain matters connected therewith.
Now, therefore, in pursuance of the Proclamation of the seventh day of October, 1958, and in exercise of all powers enabling him in that behalf, the President is pleased to make and promulgate the following Ordinance:---
1. Short title, extent and commencement. —(1) This Ordinance may be called the Pakistan Girl Guides Association Ordinance, 1960.
(2) It extends
to the whole of
(3) It shall come into force on such date as the Central Government may, by notification in the official Gazette, appoint.
2. Incorporation Association. Notwithstanding anything in the Societies Registration Act, 1860 or in any other law, the Pakistan Girl Guides Association, for the time being registered thereunder, shall, on the commencement of this Ordinance, cease to be so registered, and shall be deemed to be a body corporate, by the name of the Pakistan Girl Guides Association (hereafter in this Ordinance referred to as the Association), having perpetual succession and a common seal, with power, subject to the rules made or deemed to have been made under section 3, to acquire, hold and dispose of property, movable or immovable, for the purposes of the Association, and shall by the said name sue and be sued.
3. Constitution, power and functions of Association. The Constitution, powers and functions of the Association shall, notwithstanding anything in the Companies Act, 1913, be such as may be prescribed by rules to be made by the Association, with the previous approval in writing of the Central Government, and until such rules are made, the rules of the Pakistan Girl Guides Association registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860, and in force immediately before the commencement of this Ordinance, shall continue in force and be deemed to have been made under this section.
4. Exclusive right to titles, uniforms, badges, etc. The Association shall have the sole and exclusive right to have and to use all emblems, badges, uniforms and decorations, descriptive or designating marks and titles, now or heretofore used by the Association and also the title “ Girl Guides “ or (saving the title of any unit of the Armed Forces of Pakistan or any Forces attached to or serving with such Forces), any title containing the word “ Guides “ or any grammatical variation thereof, and shall also have the sole and exclusive right to manufacture, have or use any emblem, badge, decoration, uniform, descriptive or designating mark or title hereafter adopted by the Association for carrying out its objects.
5. Penalty, etc. —(1) Whoever contravenes any provision of section 4 shall be punishable with fine.
(2) If such contravention is committed by a company, association or body of individuals, every member thereof who is knowingly a party to the contravention shall be deemed to be guilty of such contravention.
6. Savings. Nothing in this Ordinance shall affect the right of any person to continue to use for a period of two months from the commencement of this Ordinance any sign which it was not unlawful for him to use immediately before such commencement.