Updated: Tuesday July 19, 2016/AthThulatha Shawwal 14, 1437/Mangalavara Asadha 28, 1938, at 12:56:41 AM
The Supreme Court Judge’s (Leave, Pension and Privileges) (Amendment) Order, 2001
PRESIDENT'S ORDER NO. 1 OF 2001
further to amend the Supreme Court Judges (Leave, Pension and Privileges) Order, 1997
WHEREAS it is expedient further to amend the Supreme Court Judges (Leave, Pension and Privileges) Order, 1997 (President's Order No. 2 of 1997), for the purposes hereinafter appearing;
NOW, THEREFORE, exercise of .the powers conferred by the Fifth Schedule to the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, the President is pleased to make the following Order:---
1. Short title and commencement.-(1) This Order may be called the Supreme Court Judge's (Leave, Pension and Privileges) (Amendment) Order, 2001.
(2) It shall come into force at once.
2. Substitution of paragraph 25, President's Order 2 of 1997. In the Supreme Court Judges (Leave, Pension and Privileges) Order, 1997 (President's Order No. 2 of 1997), for paragraph 25, the following shall be substituted, namely:---
“25. Facilities to retired judges.-(1) A judge on retirement, and after his death, his widow shall entitled to the following benefits and perquisites at Government expense, namely:-
(a) the services of a driver and an orderly;
(b) 1000 (one thousand) free local telephone calls per month;
(c) 1000 units of electricity as well as 100 (hm3) cubic feet of Sui Gas month and free supply of water; and
(d) 200 litres of petrol per month.
(2) No income tax shall be payable in restpect of benefits anti perquisites to which a judge or a widow, as the case may be, is entitled under this paragraph.
(3) A judge on retirement opting to avail the facilities specified in sub paragraph (1) shall undertake to perform the work of arbitration involving Government interest if assigned to him without charging any fee.”.