Updated: Sunday August 28, 2016/AlAhad Thoul Ki'dah 25, 1437/Ravivara Bhadra 06, 1938, at 04:59:13 PM
The Salary of Judges of Superior Courts, Order, 2002
PRESIDENT ORDER NO. 2 OF 2002
WHEREAS the first paragraph of the Fifth Schedule to the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan relating to the Supreme Court and the High Courts provides that such higher salary other than that specified in the said paragraph shall be paid to a Judge of the Supreme Court or a High Court as the President may from time to time determine;
NOW, THEREFORE, in exercise of the powers conferred by the aforesaid paragraph the President is pleased to make the following Order:—
1. Short title and commencement.-(1) This Order may be caned the Salary of Judges of Superior Courts, Order, 2002.
(2) It shall come into force at once and shall be deemed to have taken effect on the first day of December, 2001.
2. Salary.—(l) The salary to be paid per mensem to the Chief Justice of Pakistan shall be fifty-five thousand rupees and that to be paid to every other Judge of the Supreme Court shall be fifty-two thousand rupees.
(2) The salary to paid per mensem to the Chief Justice of a High Court shall be fifty-one thousand rupees and that to be paid every other Judge of a High Court shall be forty-nine thousand rupees.
3. Repeal. The Salary of Judges of Superior Courts Order, 1998 (P. O. No. 1 of I998), is hereby repealed.