Updated: Saturday October 01, 2016/AsSabt Thoul Hijjah 29, 1437/Sanivara Asvina 09, 1938, at 04:59:02 AM
The Salary of Judges of Superior Courts Order, 2009
PRESIDENT'S ORDER No. 1 OF 2009
WHEREAS the first paragraph of the fifth schedule to the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan relating to the Supreme Court and High Courts provides that such higher salary other than that specified in the said paragraph shall be paid to a Judge of the Supreme Court or a High Court as the President may from time to time determine;
Now, therefore, in exercise of the powers conferred by the aforesaid paragraph the President is pleased to make the following Order:---
1. Short title and commencement.-(1) This order may be called the Salary of Judges of Superior Court Order, 2009.
(2) It shall come into force with immediate effect.
2. Salary.-(1) The salary to be paid per mensem to the Chief Justice of Pakistan shall be Rs.1,99,875/- and that to be paid to every other Judge of the Supreme Court shall be Rs.1,88,813/-.
(2) The salary to be paid per mensem to the Chief Justice of a High Court shall be Rs.1,85,250/- and that to be paid to every other Judge of a High Court shall be Rs.1,78,125/-.
3. Repeal. The salary of Judges of Superior Courts Order, 2007 (P.O.No.1 of 2007), is hereby repealed.