Updated: Wednesday January 01, 2014/AlArbia'a Safar 29, 1435/Budhavara Pausa 11, 1935, at 04:01:48 PM
ORDINANCE III OF 2000
An Ordinance to abolish the land revenue in the Province of Sindh
of Sindh, Extraordinary, Part I,
No. S. LEGIS. 1(3)/2000, dated 17-5-2000.--The following Ordinance made by the Governor of Sindh is hereby published for general information:--
it is expedient to abolish the land revenue in the
And whereas the Provincial Assembly stands suspended in pursuance of the Proclamation of the fourteenth day of October, 1999, and the Provisional Constitution Order No. 1 of 1999;
And whereas the Governor of Sindh is satisfied that circumstances exist which render it necessary to take immediate action;
Now, therefore, in pursuance of the aforesaid Proclamation and the Provisional Constitution Order read with Provisional Constitution (Amendment) Order No.9 of 1999, instructions of the Chief Executive and in exercise of all powers enabling him in that behalf, the Governor of Sindh is pleased to make and promuglate the following Ordinance:---
1. Short title and commencement.--(1) This Ordinance may be called the Sindh Land Revenue (Abolition) Ordinance, 2000.
(2) It shall come into force at once.
2. Definitions. --(i) "Act" means the Sindh Land Revenue Act, 1967.
(ii) "land revenue" means the land revenue is defined in the Act.
3. Abolition of revenue.--Notwithstanding anything contained in the Act or any other law for the time being in force, no land revenue shall be charged from Kharif, 1999-2000.
4. Savings.--Nothing contained in this Ordinance shall be construed to affect the liability of any person to pay the land revenue which became due before Kharif, 1999-2000 or the Assessment, charge and collection of the land revenue for the period before Kharif, 1999, which shall continue to be assessed, charged and collected under the Act.
Go to Index | LL. B. – I | LL. B. – II | LL. B. – III | LL. B. Directory | Home