Updated: Monday May 26, 2014/AlEthnien Rajab 27, 1435/Somavara Jyaistha 05, 1936, at 04:31:21 PM
The Competition Commission (Collection of Fees and Charges) Rules, 2009
S.R.O. 72 (I)/2009.- In exercise of the powers conferred by section 55 of the Competition Ordinance, 2007 (LII of 2007), read with clause (f) of sub-section (2) of section 20 thereof, the Competition Commission of Pakistan, with the approval of the Federal Government, is pleased to make the following rules, namely:---
1. Short title and commencement.- (1) These rules may be called the Competition Commission (Collection of Fees and Charges) Rules, 2009.
(2) They shall come into force at once.
2. Definitions.- (1) In these rules, unless there is anything repugnant in the subject or context,---
(a) “CCP Fund” means the Competition Commission of Pakistan Fund established under section 20 of the Ordinance;
(b) “fees and charges” levied by the regulatory agencies includes all their receipts collected in the form of fees and charges;
(c) “Ordinance” means the Competition Ordinance, 2007 (LII of 2007); and
(d) “regulatory agencies” means the regulatory agencies specified in these rules.
(2) Words and expressions used, but not defined herein, shall have the meanings assigned to them in the Ordinance.
3. Transfer of fees and charges levied by regulatory agencies.- (1) The percentage of fees and charges shall be such as the Federal Government may from time to time prescribe and notify in the official Gazette, in pursuance of clause (f) of sub-section (2) of section 20 of the Ordinance levied by the following regulatory agencies and shall be payable for credit to the CCP Fund, namely:---
Securities and Exchange Commission of
(b) the National Electric Power Regulatory Authority;
(c) the Oil and Gas Regulatory Authority;
(2) The percentage prescribed by the Federal Government under sub-rule (1) of rule 3 shall take effect from the financial year 2008-09 and shall not be varied at any stage, to the disadvantage of the Commission.
(3) The Federal Government may, in consultation with the Commission from time to time, add any other regulatory agency to the list provided in sub-rule (1).
(4) The receipts on account of fees and charges upon transfer by the regulatory agencies to the Commission shall become part of the CCP Fund.
4. Supply of information to the Commission.- The regulatory agencies shall furnish all the information about collection of their receipts in respect of fees and charges that may be required by the Federal Government.
5. Percentage of fees and charges for transfer to the Commission.- (1) The percentage of fees and charges prescribed by the Federal Government under sub-rule (1) of rule 3 shall be credited and transferred to the designated account of the Commission by the regulatory agencies through their authorized bankers.
(2) The regulatory agencies shall issue standing instructions to their bankers for transfer of the prescribed percentage of their total fees and charges collected during each quarter, for credit to the account of the Commission, by the tenth of the month following the relevant quarter, under intimation to the Commission.
6. Audit certificate.- At the end of each financial year, the regulatory agencies shall furnish to the Federal Government a certificate of their auditors confirming the transfer of the prescribed percentage of their fees and charges, in full, to the Commission.
No. 10(5) SY/CCP/RULE/FEE/2007
(Mohammed Hayat Jasra)