Updated: Tuesday May 17, 2016/AthThulatha Sha'ban 10, 1437/Mangalavara Vaisakha 27, 1938, at 03:56:30 AM
The Malaria Eradication Board (Repeal) Act, 1975
1ACT No.LXIV OF 1975
An Act to repeal Malaria Eradication Board Ordinance, 1961
[24th July, 1975]
WHEREAS it is expedient to repeal the Malaria Eradication Board Ordinance, 1961 (XVIII of 1961), and to provide for matters incidental thereto;
It is hereby enacted as follows:---
1. Short title and commencement.- (1) This Act may be called the Malaria Eradication Board (Repeal) Act, 1975.
(2) It shall come into force at once.
2. Repeal, etc.- (1) The Malaria Eradication Board Ordinance, 1961 (XVIII of 1961), hereinafter referred to as the Ordinance, is hereby repealed.
(2) Upon the repeal of the Ordinance,---
(a) notwithstanding anything contained in any contract or agreement or in the conditions of service, the officers and other employees of the Malaria Eradication Board, hereinafter referred to as the Board, shall stand transferred to the Federal Government on such terms and conditions as may be laid down by the Federal Government;
(b) all rights, properties, assets, debts, liabilities and obligations of the Board shall be the rights, properties, assets, debts, liabilities and obligations of the Federal Government;
(c) any contract made by the Board before such repeal shall be deemed to have been made by the Federal Government; and
(d) all suits and other legal proceedings instituted by or against the Board before such repeal shall be deemed to be suits and proceedings instituted by or against the Federal Government and may be proceeded or otherwise dealt with accordingly.
(3) The Federal Government may, for the purpose of removing any difficulty in relation to the transfer and other matters referred to in sub-section (2), make such order as it considers expedient and any such order shall be deemed to be, and given effect to, as part of the provisions of this Act.
1For Statement of Objects and Reasons, see Gaz. of P., 1975, Ext., Pt. III, p.540.