Updated: Thursday November 21, 2013/AlKhamis Muharram 18, 1435/Bruhaspathivara Karthika 30, 1935, at 04:50:06 PM
Act No. XII of 1948
An Act to provide for the regulation
and control of the recruitment and conditions of service of the
WHRERAS it is necessary to provide for the regulation and control of the recruitment and condition of service of the Pakistan Armed Forces; it is hereby enacted as follows:--
1. Short title, extent and commencement. (1) This Act may be called the Pakistan Armed Forces (Recruitment and Conditions of Service) Act, 1948.
(2) It extends to all the territories of
(3) it shall come into force at once.
2. Power to make rules for recruitment. The recruitment to the Armed Forces of Pakistan including the Army, the Navy and the Air Force shall be governed by rules framed by the Central government.
3. Power to make rules for conditions of service. The Central Government shall make Rules for the regulation and control of eh conditions of service as respects pay, leave, pensions and general rights of the services mentioned in section 2.
Saving as to sections 12 and 13 of the