Updated: Thursday January 14, 2010/AlKhamis Muharram 29, 1431/Bruhaspathivara Pausa 24, 1931, at 07:00:49 PM
English Jurisprudence Questions:
1. Circumstances which reduce the binding force of precedent.
2. What is legislation importance what is supreme legislation?
3. What are requisites of a local custom as a source of law?
4. Mens Rea embraces various specious carryout a detailed juristic analysis thereof.
5. Obligation is synonymous with duty do you support this view all details.
6. How does jurisprudence with problems of acts and liabilities of corporations.
7. Define jurisprudence, its kinds, nature, value, and purpose of analytical jurisprudence.
8. Legal status of dead person and unborn child.
9. Different theories of punishments.
11. Explain and illustrate objectives of civil rights.
12. Law as justice, stability, and peaceful change.
13. Administration of justice purposes and difference between civil and criminal.
14. What is substantive law and law of procedure.
15. Authority of precedent and authoritative precedent.
16. Meaning of legislation chief forms of subordinate legislation.
17. Factors which render an agreement as invalid various kinds of agreements.
18. Disregard of precedent importance.
19. What are local custom essential features of a valid custom?
20. What is accident? How it is defence against civil liability?
21. Is international law is a proper law?
22. Law is a command of Sovereignty best definition of law.
23. Why the term, law has no neat and simple definition?
24. Why accident is exempt and form criminal liability?
25. What is equity differ from common law?
26. Meaning of property modes of acquisition of property.
27. How courts are lawmaker?
28. Legal sources of law authoritative and un-authoritative.
29. Question of fact and law. What is difference what is mixed question of law and fact.
30. Primary and secondary functions of courts of law.
31. What are the principles of interpretation of enacted law?
32. Meaning of evidence, rules, and kinds
33. Immediate and mediate possessions.
34. Commercial Goodwill.
35. What is negligence contributory negligence?
36. What is strict liability?
37. What is general and special law?
38. What is obligation and soldiery legislation?
39. Imperative theory of law.
40. Legislation is superior to precedent. Why?
41. Who is legal person double personality technical law vicarious liability?
42. Is law territorial?
43. Functions assumed by civil courts.
44. Obligation arising from contracts and torts quasi contracts.
45. Short notes on 1. Co-ownership 2. Corporation 3. Legal rights 4. Mistake of law 5. Mistake of fact 6. Possession in law 6. Obter dicta 7. Equitable rights 8. Legal Agreements 9. Void agreement 10. Void-able agreements 11. Various kinds of ownership.
Law of Torts Questions:
1. How does tort differ from contract and crime?
2. Who cant sue and be sued?
3. Difference between injury and damage.
4. Difference between public and private nuisance and what are remedies.
5. What is essential to be established in an action for damages for deceit?
6. What is case between Ashby-v-White?
7. General defences which are available in an action for tort.
8. What is vicarious liability?
10. Fair comment and trust as defence to an action of defamation.
11. What is negligence?
12. What is case between Shart-v-Powel?
13. Discuss Accord and Satisfaction.
14. What is trespass to land and remedies?
15. What should be proved to recover damages from malicious prosecution?
16. Motive and torts.
17. What is legal injury, definition of trot?
18. Contributory negligence.
19. Who can sue and be sued?
20. False imprisonment and defence.
21. Three kinds of damages, definition, and explanation.
22. Different kinds of easement.
23. What is licence and ingredients?
24. Torts and defence.
25. Who may impose easement?
26. How is an easement extinguished?
27. Liability of master for wrong act of his employee.
28. What rights can be acquired by prescriptions?
29. How is a tort discharged?
30. Malicious prosecution.
31. When contributory negligence is defence?
32. Justification and discharge of torts.
33. Slander of title.
34. Personal rights of action lie with the death of a person.
35. Different remedies in tort.
36. What is strict liability?
37. Notes: Slander, Libel, Mayhem, Illegal confinement, Inuria sine demnum, demnum sine injuria, act of traspass and defences thereto, maintenance and chemprety, ubi jus ibie remedum,
38. Cases: Mayor-v-Pickles. Pylands-v-Flecther.
Islamic Law Questions:
1. Describe the important tests applied by the traditionalists to check the authenticacy of a Hadith.
2. Concept of Islamic State. Can it set up in modern times?
3. Difference between Darul Islam and Darul Harb.
4. Conditions of valid Ijtihad and meaning of Qiyas.
5. Qualification of Mujtahid.
6. Impediments to inheritance and who is heir.
7. Responsibility of debts of deceased.
8. Revocable and Irrevocable divorce.
9. What is Khula, when and how decree is obtained.
10. Rights of Hizalat, Iddat, definition of Divorce.
11. Wakf Alah Aulad, Public and Private rights.
12. Quran and Sunnah as a source of law.
13. Difference in Batil and Fasid act.
14. What is Hadd and Taazir.
15. Special features of Islamic Legal System.
16. Distribution of estate of Muslim deceased as Sunni and Shia among different heirs.
17. When gift is complete.
18. Traditional source of revenue.
19. What are Wajib, Mustahab, Mubah, Makruh, and Haram?
20. What is Family Muslim Laws Ordinance, 1961?
21. Transfer of ownership of property by gift and quest.
22. History of Islamic Law.
23. Guardianship of minor.
24. Sovereignty in Islam.
25. Revealed laws have got superiority over other laws.
26. What is legal capacity.
27. Division of property.
28. Islamic laws of pre-emption.
29. History of pre-Islamic customs.
30. Can a modern legislature be used for consensus of opinion.
31. Constituted and administrative structure.
32. What is Analogy (Qiyas).
33. Contract and its ingredients.
34. Meaning of evidence.
35. Qualification of Qazi, what is Jehad.
36. What is theory of Naskh.
37. Aims of International Law.
38. Meaning of Islamic Jurisprudence.
39. Different laws and classifications.
40. Concept of State and Punishment in Islam.
41. Islam and Roman Law.
42. Islamic and Roman Slavery.
43. Who is competent witness.
44. Concept of Nationhood and Two Nation Theory.
45. Various kinds of justice.
46. Judicial system of Islam.
47. Notes: Ihtihad and Taqlid, Legal Capicity, Zimi.
Constitutional Law I Questions:
Salient features of
Meaning of Rule of Law in
Arbitrary and discretionary powers,
Unlimited legislative powers,
6. UK Constitution is unwritten, discuss.
8. Role of Queen.
Form of Govt.
of Habeas Corpus in
12. Separation of
of Cabinet and work,
are sources of
protection of laws,
19. Power of President, Congress, Lower House, Upper House, and Senate.
process of law,
and Balance in
Prime Minister and President,
28. Process of amendment in USA Constitution.
29. Judicial functions of UK Parliament.
30. Rights of Englishmen and enforcement.
32. Notes: Judicial Committee of the Privy Council, Convention, Royal Prerogative, Lord Chancellor, Money Bill, House of Lords, Ministerial Responsibility, Prime Minister, Act of State, British Monarchy, 14th Amendment, Bill of rights, Magna Carta.
Criminal Law Questions:
1. Define and distinguish Common Intention and Common Object.
2. How the lesser punishment is given u/s 302.
3. Define Criminal Trespass and Lurking House Trespass, House Breaking, and punishment.
4. Define Counterfeit, Harbor, Voluntarily, Valuable Security.
5. Bribe as a crime in Public Service.
6. Discuss Enquiry, Investigation, and Trial.
7. Wrongful Restraint, Wrongful Confinement, and punishments.
8. Without order and warrant arrest is justified.
9. What is effect of error in change? Is error curable.
10. How sentence can be suspended.
11. Transfer of enquiry from one to another Court.
of Criminal Misappropriation, Criminal Breach of Trust, and Cheating, under
13. Define Public Servant and Servants of the State.
14. Giving False Evidence, Fabricating False Evidence, and Punishments.
15. Define Hijacking and punishments.
16. What is Harboring Hijacker.
17. Meaning of Bail and factors for Bail.
18. Recording of confession.
19. Define High Court, Advocate General, Public Prosecutor, Pleader, Place, Sub-Division.
20. Define abetment and criminal conspiracy.
21. Right of Private Defence and death of wrongdoer.
22. Define Stolen Property and different conditions.
23. Define cheating by personating and punishment.
24. Define defamation and punishments.
25. Threat and punishment.
26. Power of Appellate Court.
27. What is summery trial.
28. Define Rioting (Balwa), Affray (Hangama).
29. Define Gender, Number, Man and Woman, A Will.
30. Define theft extortion, robbery, docaity.
31. To which punishment, offenders, are liable under PPC.
33. Circumstances Habeas Corpus.
34. What persons may be charged or tried together.
35. Various classes of criminal courts.
36. Homicide is ordinarily classified as Justified, Executable, Felonious. Discuss.
37. What is General Exception in Criminal Liability.
38. How criminal liability is measured.
39. Right of Private Defence or Property and death.
40. The Mark and Mark Property. What are differences.
41. Cognizable offences under the Prohibition Order, 1979.
42. Who can sue under Qazf Ordinance, 1979.
43. Qatl-I-Amad and Waiver and Compound.
44. Isqat-e-Hamal (Abortion) and Isqate-e-Janin, and punishments.
45. Zina bil Jabar (Rape) and punishments.
46. Duress, necessity, Superior Order can be invoked.
47. Yardsticks for determining the question of punishment in a criminal trial.
48. Hurt not liable to Qisas.
49. Cohabitation (sexual relations) and punishment.
50. How does liability accrue (increases) without default.
51. Abduction (take away woman).
52. Define Act, Omission, Government, Injury, Life, Death.
53. Kinds of Shajjah and Punishments.
54. Bail in Non Bail-able offences.
55. How fine can be recovered.
56. How assembly of people can be dispersed.
57. Define Theft Liable to Hadd, Qazf liable to Hadd, and Punishment.
58. Various kinds of Murder and punishments.
59. Hurt without Qisas.
60. Define Judge, Court of Justice, Reasons to Believe, Section, Oath, Forgery.
61. Right to defend property.
62. Motive and Crimes.
63. Theories of negligence.
64. Drinking and Hudood.
65. Crime and Tort.
66. Mistake of Law and Fact.
67. Notes: Local and Special Law, Illegal and Legally Bound to do, Person and Public, Dishonesty and Fraudulently.
Law of Contract Questions:
1. Define and explain consideration, reciprocal promises, void-able contract, and void agreement.
2. What is meant by Fraud?
3. What are rights of party whose consent has been caused by fraud.
4. Define and explain Mistake of Law and Fact, and their effects on contract.
5. Rights of party suffering from a breach in the following situations:
a. When no sum is mentioned in the contract as payable for breach.
b. When sum is mentioned.
What are rights of a party which has itself rescinded a contract.
6. How far is a principal bound by the acts of his agent while dealing with parties in the following cases:
a. When the agent exceeds his authority and
b. When the agent commits a fraud.
What is liability of a pretending agent.
7. State the facts and the law laid down in the case of Hadly and others v Basendale and others.
8. Rights and duties of a bialee.
9. How can an agency be created.
10. Authority of agent to act on behalf of the principal.
11. Principles on which damages for breach of contract are to be awarded by a Court.
12. Case Byrne v Von Tienhoven and Co.
13. When and how can proposal and acceptance can be revoked.
14. What Coercion, Undue Influence, and Fraud.
15. Consequences which ensue from breach of a valid contract.
16. How and under what circumstances is agency terminated.
17. What are contingent contracts? When can they be enforced.
18. Case Mohri v Dharmodas Ghosh.
19. Different situations in which agreements, though made by free consent of parties, competent to contract are yet void.
20. What is pledge, rights and duties of the Pawner and Pawnee.
21. Appropriation of payment towards debts.
22. Under what circumstances are obligations created as resembling those created by a contact though no contract is entered into.
23. What is continuing Guarantee? How the liability discharges.
24. When is the suggestion of fact not fraud, but a misrepresentation.
25. What is a contract of indemnity and how differs from contract of Guarantee.
26. When is communication of 1. A Proposal, 2. An Acceptance, and 3. A Revocation said to be complete.
27. Define proposal, promise, promisor, promisee, and consideration.
28. Various kinds of bailment.
29. Does the Pawnee or agent have any lien over the goods pledged or property in his custody.
30. Ratification of principal act of his agent.
31. What is rule of compensation on breach of contract.
32. How does liquidated damages differ from penalty.
33. Circumstances which render the original contract need not to be performed.
34. Difference Sales and an agreement to sell and bailment.
35. How contract of sale of goods be made whether 1. In writing, 2. Oral, and 3. Implied.
36. Can a contract be made without consideration.
37. What are contingent contracts.
38. Who is an unpaid seller.
39. Under what circumstances when there is no contract.
40. Rights of finder lost goods.
41. Conditions for immediate return of goods loaned gratuitously for use of a fixed term. Passing of property.
42. Remedies under Sales of Goods Act.
43. What are conditions and warranty.
44. Agreements by way of wager.
45. Duties of buyer and seller of goods.
46. Notes: Consideration, Free Consent, Wagering Contracts.