Updated: Monday November 26, 2012/AlEthnien Muharram 13, 1434/Somavara Agrahayana 05, 1934, at 09:01:37 PM
The Appointment of National Security Council and Oath of Office Order, 1999
(Order No. 6 of 1999)
30th October, 1999
In pursuance of the Proclamation of the Fourteenth day of October, 1999, and the Provisional Constitution Order No. 1 of 1999, and in exercise of all other powers enabling him in that behalf, the Chief Executive is pleased to appoint a National Security Council, hereinafter referred to as the Council, to aid and advise him in the exercise of his functions as the Chief Executive.
1. This Order may be called Appointment of National Security Council and Oath of Office Order (Order No. 6 of 1999).
2. It shall come into force at once.
3. The Chief Executive shall be the Chairman of the Council which shall consist of the Chief of Naval Staff, the Chief of Air Staff and such other Members as may be appointed by the Chief Executive.
4. The Members of the Council shall hold office during the pleasure of the Chief Executive.
5. The Council shall be called by the Chief Executive to meet at such time and place as he may deem fit for deliberations.
6. The Council shall deliberate upon, discuss and tender advice to the Chief Executive on such matters as the Chief Executive may deem expedient and necessary to refer to the Council in national interest, inter alia, matters relating to national security, foreign affairs, law and order, corruption, accountability, recovery of bank loans and public debts from defaulters, finance, economic and social welfare, health, education, Islamic ideology, human rights, protection of minorities and women development so as to achieve the aims and objectives enshrined in the Objectives Resolution of 1949.
7. The decision taken by the Chief Executive on considering the deliberations of the Council shall be enforced and given effect in the manner as deemed fit by the Chief Executive.
8. The Chief Executive may, in his discretion, substitute, change or add any Member of the Council.
9. A Member, not
being in the service of
(See Article 10)
I................. do solemnly swear that I will bear true faith and
That, as the Member of the National Security Council, I will discharge my duties and perform my functions honestly, to the best of my ability, faithfully in accordance with the law, and always in the interest of the sovereignty, integrity, solidarity, well-being and prosperity of Pakistan:
That I will abide by the Proclamation of the Fourteenth day of October, 1999 and the Provincial Constitution Order No. 1 of 1999 issued by the Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee, Chief of Army Staff and the Chief Executive of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan on the Fourteenth day of October, 1999 and all subsequent Orders issued by him:
That I will
strive to preserve the Islamic Ideology, which is the basis for the creation of
That I will not allow my personal interest to influence my official conduct or my official decision:
That, in all circumstances, I will do right to all manner of people, according to law, without fear or favor, affection or ill-will:
And that I will not directly or indirectly communicate or reveal to any person any matter which shall be brought under my consideration or shall become known to me as a Member of the Council except as may be required for the due discharge of my duties as a Member of the Council.
May Allah Almighty help me and guide me (Ameen).